uFirst app image is representative only.
1. The uFirst queue app allows Sainsbury’s customers to avoid long queues by pre-booking an entry time at participating stores.
2. The uFirst digital queue system is a trial service at selected stores only. Participating stores are: Uxbridge, Sainsbury's Leicester North, Sainsbury's Dome Roundabout, Sainsbury's Uxbridge, Sainsbury's Newham Royal Wharf Local and Sainsbury's Pimlico.
3. The quickest and easiest way to enter trial stores is to by downloading the app. Once downloaded you’ll be able to pre-book a place in the queue for same day shopping at Sainsbury’s. You can also enter the store without the app.
4. The app is available to Apple or Android Smart phone users with internet access. It is available to download at the App store or Google Play. Alternatively scan the QR code at a participating store entrance. If you need help downloading the app, please ask for assistance. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
5. By downloading the app, you agree you may be sent service updates and push notifications.
6. The uFirst app requires internet access. You may connect to Sainsbury’s WIFI (where available). If you don’t enable wireless access your phone may use your own data Service. You are responsible for any Internet access charges made by your service provider.
7. To book a place in the queue using uFirst, open the app, select a participating store and click ‘virtual queue’. You can choose to join the queue now or later the same day at a time to suit you. When joining the queue, turn on app notifications to update your position in the queue. You’ll be able to see how many people are in front of you in the queue and receive a notification when it’s your turn to enter the store. Please approach the store straight away or within 5 minutes of your entry time. A store colleague will check your queue number before entry. If you’re late we may have to ask you to join the queue again.
8. If you’d prefer not to download the app approach the colleague at the entrance to the store and you can join the queue in one of two ways:
A Give your mobile number to the store colleague. You’ll receive an SMS when you’re nearly at the front of the queue. Please make your way to the store entrance straight away or within 5 minutes of your entry time. A store colleague will check your SMS before entry. If you’re late we may have to ask you to join the queue again.
B If you’d prefer not to download the app or provide your mobile number, please give your name or other identifying word to the store colleague. They’ll add it to the queue and call your name when it’s your turn to enter the store. If you choose this option you’ll need to stay close to the store entrance to avoid missing your entry time.
9. There are currently no restrictions on how many times you may join the uFirst queue each day. We reserve the right to impose limits where, without limitation, we have reasonable grounds to believe the uFirst system is being misused or where capacity is restricted for other users. You must not use the app in any unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose or attempt to obtain income from its use.
10. Sainsbury’s may terminate the uFirst app trial at any or all participating stores or extend to additional stores at any time. Sainsbury’s may change the service in any way or delete features at any time and for any reason. Sainsbury’s reserve the right to terminate or suspend a customer’s access to the service at any time with or without notice. You may terminate your participating in the uFirst trial at any time by removing the app from your phone.
11. Sainsbury’s reserves the right, at our absolute discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued use of the uFirst app signifies your acceptance of the terms.
13. You warrant your mobile device is suitable for use with the uFirst app and protected against external threats. The app is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and access may be restricted by circumstances outside our control, including, without limitation, atmospheric or other conditions. We may on occasion interrupt the availability of the app but will aim to restore it as quickly as possible. The app may be amended including without limitation changing technical specifications.
14. You agree Sainsbury’s has no control over any information transmitted or received by you outside the limits of this Agreement and we have no liability to you for such use. You accept Sainsbury’s cannot guarantee the security of the app against unlawful access or use or that the app will never be faulty.
15. You accept Sainsbury’s cannot guarantee the app or trial will be fault free or will meet your requirements. Please report any faults to customer services. Your access to the app may be temporarily restricted for repairs or maintenance.
16. The content of the uFirst app is protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. It is owned by uFirst.
17. The uFirst app is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, or fitness for particular purpose or non-infringement. Sainsbury’s will not be liable to you for any losses suffered or costs incurred because you are to use the uFirst app, your phone, hardware or software, including any app or rooting device installed by you, and used in connection with uFirst is corrupted, damaged or fails to operate or is lost or stolen; the app or Wi-Fi fails to work as expected or is defective and we have not corrected these errors including any incompatibility of the uFirst app with your equipment or software; there is a reduced or failed Service provision by any third party operator including, without limitation, mobile operators or software providers.
18. Sainsbury’s assumes no liability for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the uFirst trial. It excludes all liability so far as is permitted by law, including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages or any loss of profits, loss of revenue, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise. This does not does not include or limit in any way our liability: for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
19. English law is the governing law of this Agreement.
Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, registered number 3261722, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.