We are the first food retailer in the UKto bring SignVideo to our customer service centres. This revolutionises the way deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users can contact us.
The year long trial works by allowing customers to place a call to Sainsbury's Careline and Grocery Online contact centres via a secure video interpreting service. We are committed to ensuring the customer experience is as easy as possible and this service means that deaf customers using sign language can now call them instantly at no cost.
How it works:
- The service allows customers to place a call to Sainsbury's Careline and Grocery Online contact centres
- It instantly connects deaf customers to a BSL interpreter who phones the call centre and relays the conversation in real time
- The service will be available at all times Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and is free to use
How to connect:
- If you'd like to learn more about how Sign Video works, check out the video Click here
- If you'd like to connect to our BSL Live service Click here
- You can call SignVideo on 0208 463 1120or email email@example.com
We already offer Text Relay which is used by many deaf and hard of hearing people. However, for the first time deaf customers will have instant British Sign Language access when calling the supermarket. Previously, deaf BSL users had to rely on hearing friends or relatives to make a call for them. With SignVideo they can do it themselves from the comfort of their own home, with waiting times of less than 30 seconds.