SmartShop Pick and Go
- Sainsbury's SmartShop Pick & Go is available only at Holborn Circus store during our advertised trading hours.
- The Service is available to UK shoppers aged 18 and above who have an Apple or Android Smart phone with internet access. SmartShop Pick & Go allows the use of a mobile device to enter our store, pick groceries without scanning or checkout and pay automatically using your registered payment card details.
- Sainsbury's reserves the right, at our absolute discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Your continued use of the Service confirms your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any changes to them.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your Statutory Rights. If you have any queries relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact our Digital Support Line on 0800 2346434. Lines are open 8am - 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am - 5pm on Sundays. Calls to us are free from BT landlines. Mobile providers and other networks will vary. Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes.
- By participating in the Service you agree you may be sent Service updates.
- Sainsbury's will tell you about the restrictions and limits of the Service and the steps you will need to take to download the SmartShop app and use the SmartShop Pick & Go Service.
- There is no minimum spend and no limit on the number of items you may buy, subject to Sainsbury's bulk purchase policy. Our bulk purchase policy can be found at http://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/ordering/order-large-quantity.
- To use the SmartShop Pick & Go Service you must register. Registration may be completed in one of 3 ways:
• If you're already a Sainsbury's SmartShop customer you can use your SmartShop app to complete the SmartShop Pick & Go registration. Open the SmartShop app and select Holborn Circus store to be automatically directed to SmartShop Pick & Go registration page to complete registration and add your payment card details; or
• If you're not already a SmartShop customer but have an existing Sainsbury's online grocery account, Nectar Account or MyID login details you can scan the QR code at the SmartShop Pick & Go store with your phone and select login. You'll be directed to the SmartShop Pick & Go registration page to login and add a payment card; or
• If you're not an existing SmartShop, Sainsbury's online grocery or Nectar customer, you can register by scanning the QR code at the store and selecting 'register' You'll be directed to the SmartShop Pick & Go registration page and must complete the required registration requirements including giving us your real name, email address and payment details.
- Registration must be completed before entering the store. The app will accept any valid debit or credit card. Only one payment card can be registered to your account but you can change this at any time. We verify your payment card details before completing registration. We may verify your name, email address and any other details supplied by you during the registration process against third party databases. By registering you consent to such checks being made. These tests are done only to confirm your identity, a credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected.
- At initial registration we will ask you to choose a password which you must keep confidential. You are responsible for any SmartShop transactions submitted using your SmartShop Pick & Go entry QR code credentials.
- Use of SmartShop requires internet access. You're responsible for any Internet access charges made by your Service provider
- You agree that participation in SmartShop Pick & Go is personal to you. You agree you will not loan, hire or otherwise allow any third party to use the Service using your registration details or phone.
- By registering for the Service you agree you will pay for any groceries you, or anyone accompanying you as you enter the store using your SmartShop Pick & Go entry QR code credentials, selects, consumes and/or retains during your visit to the SmartShop Pick & Go store (a "Group Shop"). You will not be charged for any item returned to the shelf. You agree we can use the payment card applied to your account during the SmartShop Shop & Go registration process or any other card details provided by you to us from time to time. You agree we may debit your card with the cost of any shopping you or any person in your Group Shop selects, consumes and/or retains whilst shopping in our store. If your payment card details fail to work you agree we may make further attempts to debit your card.
- Following registration use the QR code to open the barrier and enter the SmartShop Pick & Go store. You must use your QR code to allow any people Group Shopping with you to enter. We recommend anyone accompanying you, including children, enters the store before you. Assistance is available if required.
- To help you get in and out of the SmartShop Pick & Go store quickly we use in-store camera technology to determine the items that you and your Group select. This technology is operated for us by Amazon EU S.a.r.l. but please be assured we do not share your identity with them.
- Any product selected, consumed or retained by you or linked to your shopping activity will, unless it is returned to the shelf, be charged to your registered payment card as you leave the store. We're sorry but we can't currently show you a running total of your shop in the app.
- Do not pass items to other customers. Those items will be charged to your payment card. Please ask store colleagues for assistance if required.
- We Think 25 for any age restricted items. Alcohol is located in a gated area of the store and our colleague will Think 25 before you enter the alcohol area. We may ask for ID to prove you are of the required age to purchase alcohol or any other age restricted item. If ID is not available we will refuse to sell that item to you.
- The range of items at our SmartShop Pick & Go store is restricted. Some items may not be available.
- When leaving the store scan your QR code at the exit gate. A scan, matching the scan used at entry, is required for you and each person Group Shopping with you. Ask a colleague for assistance if required.
- All items associated with Your SmartShop Pick & Go shop including alcohol and any other items selected, consumed and/or retained by you, and anyone Group Shopping with you, will be appropriated to the contract between you and us at the moment you exit the store. A receipt will be sent to you by email within 24 hours and payment will be taken from your registered card within 24 hours. By using the Service you agree to receive your receipt electronically.
- Prices for goods in the SmartShop Pick & Go store are shown clearly on shelf edge labels. If prices increase in the delay between your visit to the store and the application of the charge to your debit or credit card you'll automatically be refunded for the difference. Any payment due will be credited to your payment card within 48 hours. We're sorry but My Nectar Prices are not available in a SmartShop Pick & Go store.
- Items may be returned to store in accordance with our refund policy. Please take your emailed receipt with you when returning any item to store. Any refund will be made to your registered payment card.
- You can earn Nectar points only when starting your SmartShop Pick & Go journey using your existing SmartShop app. Nectar points cannot be earned when starting your shop using any other permitted route.
- We're sorry but you can't currently redeem Nectar points, use coupons, vouchers or evouchers, or use colleague discount in a SmartShop Pick & Go store.
- If your payment transaction is not authorised or fails to compete payment we may attempt to charge your card again. We may contact you and ask you to provide further payment details. We may decline any future access to our store until payment is made. We may take any necessary action to retrieve any payment due to us. If we suspect fraud we may refer the transaction to any relevant authority, including the police.
- We reserve the right to:
• amend, alter, withdraw features or withdraw the SmartShop Pick & Go Service at any time for any reason and without notice.
• to refuse entry to any person (registered or otherwise) who abuses or attempts to abuse the SmartShop Pick & Go Service in any way.
• delete the registration of any customer in breach of these terms and conditions.
• amend the SmartShop Pick & Go terms at any time. Your continued use of the Service signifies your acceptance of any changes.
• terminate SmartShop Pick & Go at any or all participating stores or extend to additional stores at any time.
• terminate or suspend a customer's registration or access to all or part of the SmartShop Service at any time and at our sole discretion, with or without notice. You may terminate your participation in Sainsbury's SmartShop at any time by emailing SmartShop.Support@sainsburys.co.uk and by removing the SmartShop app from your phone.
- The content of the SmartShop app and SmartShop Pick & Go is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purpose any of the materials or content without prior written permission from Sainsbury's.
- You must not use the app or Service in any unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose or attempt to obtain income from the use or provision of the Service. You must not use the Service in a way that is incompatible with our servers or the use of the Service by others
- The Service and any in-store Wi-fi is provided on an 'as is' basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, or fitness for particular purpose or non-infringement. Sainsbury's will not be liable to you for any losses suffered or costs incurred because:
• You are unable to use SmartShop for any reason;
• Your phone, hardware or software, including any app or rooting device installed by you, and used in connection with SmartShop is corrupted, damaged or fails to operate or is lost or stolen;
• The app or Wi-fi fails to work as expected or is defective and we have not corrected these errors including any incompatibility of the SmartShop app with your equipment or software;
• There is a reduced or failed Service provision by any third party operator including, without limitation, mobile operators or software providers.
- Our policy is to protect our facilities and data from any risk which may result in computer error, negligent virus transmission, fraud, loss of confidentiality or disruption to Service including disruption to our business process. By using the Service you agree to support and comply with this policy.
- Sainsbury's cannot guarantee the Service will be fault free or that the Service will meet your requirements. Please report any faults in the Service to Customer Services or email SmartShop.Support@sainsburys.co.uk. Your access to the Service may temporarily be restricted for repairs, standard maintenance or the introduction of new Services. Access to the Service will be restored as soon as possible.
- Sainsbury's excludes all liability, so far as is permitted by law, including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages or any loss of profits, loss of revenue, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching this agreement is, except for those liabilities we may not restrict by law, strictly limited to the purchase price of the products you purchase.
- If we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled to this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- English law is the governing law of this Agreement.
Sainsbury's SmartShop is owned and operated by Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd, registered number 3261722, a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. Vat no 660 4548 36.
Pick & Go is powered by Just Walk Out technology provided as a service by Amazon EU SARL.
Did this answer your question?
Still couldn’t find an answer?
The team will review your complaint and aim to be in touch within 3 days, but please bear in mind that over a weekend or bank holiday it may take longer to respond.
Contacting us about a refund?
You'll need to give us a call on 0800 328 1700 if you ordered online. If purchased in store, please call 0800 63 62 62 or speak with a colleague next time you're in store.
- denotes a required field