Terms & Conditions
How to use the Christmas Club Card
- The Christmas Club card can be activated and reloaded at a Sainsbury’s in-store checkout and self-service till only - it cannot be activated or reloaded at an Argos till.
- You can load any amount from £1 to £1,975.
- The maximum value you can load onto Christmas Club Card is £1,975.
- The Christmas Club Card may be used at Sainsbury’s in-store, Argos, Argos in-store, Sainsburys.co.uk and Argos.co.uk in part or full payment for goods.
- Manage your card by registering it: Register my Card
- Save from January to the 1st November each year, and receive a cash bonus on your Christmas Club Card.
- You can reload the card as often as you like with any cash value up to £1,975 at a Sainsbury’s checkout.
- To receive a cash bonus, you will need to have a minimum of £50 on your card before the 1st November.
- You will receive a 5% cash bonus equivalent to £2.50 reward for each full £50 you have on your card on the 1st November up to a maximum £25 reward on £500 savings.
- Maximum reward is £25 per year.
- The bonus will be added to your card by the end of November.
- We reserve the right to amend the cash bonus from year to year.
How does the bonus work?
- You will receive a 5% cash bonus for each full £50 you have saved on the Christmas Club Card that remains on the card at 11:59pm on the 1st November
- Online orders placed on or before the 1st November will be deducted from the qualifying card balance
- Minimum value that qualifies for a bonus is £50
- Maximum value that qualifies for a bonus is £500
Qualifying bonus amounts
£0.00 - £49.99
£50 - £99.99
£100 - £149.99
£150 - £199.99
£200 - £249.99
£250 – £299.99
£300 - £349.99
£350 - £399.99
£400 - £449.99
£500 and over
How to redeem the Christmas Club Card
- Present your Christmas Club Card at the checkout when you have completed your shopping
- Present your Christmas Club Card when making payment for your items
- Pin number: please enter the 3 digit CVC2 number printed on the reverse of the card.
- At the checkout page, under ‘Payment section’, select ‘Payment Card’
- Click ‘add a new payment method’
- Enter the 16-digit card number on the back of the card starting with 5339 **** ****
- Enter the expiry date, which is on the front of the card
- You won’t be charged until your order is ready for delivery. Payment will be taken on the day of delivery to cover the costs of goods ordered and any alternative goods at the in-store selling price that day.
- Christmas Club Card cannot be used as part payment with a debit/credit card
- Christmas Club Card can be used as part payment with eGift Cards or Coupons
- Any eGift Card’s or Coupons should be processed on the Sainsburys.co.uk checkout page before Christmas Club Card is used
- At the checkout page, select ‘Credit/Debit card’ as your payment type
- Enter the 16-digit card number on back of the card starting with 5339 **** ****
- Use the ‘CVC2’ code on the reverse of the card as the security code
- Christmas Club Card cannot be used as part payment with a debit/credit card
- Christmas Club Card can be used as part payment with eGift Cards or other voucher types
- Any eGift Card’s or Coupons should be processed on argos.co.uk checkout page before the Christmas Club Card is used
- • Any refunded items are in accordance with our standard procedure which can be found here
Christmas Club FAQs
Q. If I save throughout the year, and spend all my balance on the 1st Nov, do I qualify for the bonus?
A. Unfortunately not, the balance will need to be on your card until the end of the day on the 1st Nov to qualify for the bonus. To qualify for the bonus do not spend the balance until 2nd November at the earliest. The bonus will be added to your card by the end of November.
Q. If I add all of my funds onto the card on the 31st October, do I still qualify for the bonus?
A. Yes you will qualify for the bonus. You can add the value onto your card at any time, as long as the balance is on your card until the end of the day on the 1st November.
Q. If I have £499 saved on my card, how much bonus will I receive?
A. You will receive a 5% bonus based on the £450 value as the bonus will be awarded on each increment of £50.
Q. How will I know when my bonus has been added to my Christmas Club Card?
A. Your bonus will be added by the end of November. To check the balance at any point, register your Christmas Club Card here
Q. Is Colleague discount available against the funds loaded onto the card?
A. Unfortunately not. However, you will qualify for colleague discount when you spend the money on the card provided the card is in your name and is used in accordance with the colleague discount policy.
Q. Where can I pick up a Christmas Club card?
A. The Christmas Club card is available in most Sainsbury’s supermarkets on the gift card fixture. Please ask a member of staff when you are in one of our supermarket stores.
Q. Can I use my Christmas Club Card to pay at Smart Shop?
A. Yes, you can redeem your Christmas Club Card as part of your Sainsbury’s shop.
Q. Are there any items I cannot buy with my Christmas Club Card?
A. When redeeming in Argos there are no excluded items. When redeeming in Sainsbury’s the following items are excluded:
- Branded Gift Cards
- All lottery related products
- PayPoint products and services
- Stage 1 Infant Formula milk
- Tobacco and related products
- Postage stamps
- All in store concessions
- Petrol and Diesel
- Mobile phone top ups
- Travel Money
Full Terms & Conditions:
- The Christmas Club Card purchased in a Sainsbury’s stores must be activated before use, this will be done by the colleague at the till at the point of payment or at self-checkout. At least £1 must be added to activate the card.
- Money may be added to your Christmas Club Card at Sainsbury’s stores. Any amount from £1 to £1975 may be added to the card. The full Christmas Club card value, may be spent in accordance with these terms and condition at any time. The card expiry date will be clearly stated.
- If Christmas Club Card value exceeds £1975 a bonus will not be applied.
- Subject to term 3 a bonus will be applied to each £50 of the first £500 of your Christmas Club Card balance as at 1 November. The bonus will be added to cards by the end of November. Bonus rates may vary from year to year and will be applied at the advertised rate. The bonus may not be spent until it has been applied to your card. No bonus is payable on any amounts above £500.
- The Christmas Club Card may be redeemed at Sainsbury’s in-store, Argos, Argos in-store, Sainsburys.co.uk and Argos.co.uk for part or full payment for goods. It may not be used in association with any other debit or credit card.
- It cannot be used over the phone or at Sainsbury’s Petrol Stations, the pharmacy, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s energy, in any concession within Sainsbury’s or any Sainsbury’s concession within a third party retailer.
- Christmas Club Cards are non-refundable. Any balance may be spent only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Sainsbury’s excludes specific products from purchase via Christmas Club Card, please refer to https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/products/about-sainsburys-giftcard for the full listing. Sainsbury's reserves the right to amend this list at any time.
- If the entire balance of a Christmas Club Card is not spent in one transaction, the remaining balance will remain available on the card for future use. The card balance will be printed on the till receipt after each use in Sainsbury’s in-store
- Card expires on the expiry date printed at the front of the card - any remaining balance will be deducted on the expiry date. Please ensure you spend the full card value before the expiry date.
- Check card balance on receipt after use at Sainsbury’s, call 0800 636 262 or register your Christmas Club Card.
- If goods purchased with the Christmas Club card are returned in accordance with our refund policy, any refund will be credited to your Christmas Club Card.
- If for any reason we are unable to refund back to your Christmas Club Card, the value will be issued as a Gift Card from the Sainsbury’s group retailer that is issuing the refund.
- The balance cannot be redeemed as cash, for Sainsbury’s Bank products, services or credit card balances and cannot be resold or re-tendered. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Card cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
- Sainsbury’s is not responsible for any unauthorised use of your Christmas Club card and reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the service terms & conditions at any time. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Maximum 1 card per customer.
- Bonus value will be applied to Christmas Club Card by the end of November.