Sainsbury's Gift cards
1. Sainsbury’s gift cards can only be used at Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd as part or full payment for goods. They cannot be redeemed at sainsburys.co.uk
2. Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for Sainsbury's Bank products, services, credit card balances and concession products. For a list of concession products please see excluded products.
3. The initial and subsequent balances can be checked, or additional funds loaded up to £750, at checkouts instore. The card balance will be printed on the till receipt after each use.
4. Treat the card as cash. If a card is lost or stolen, we can cancel it to stop anyone spending your balance and issue you with a new card, but we cannot refund any balance spent on a stolen card.
5. Sainsbury’s is not responsible for any unauthorised use of the card and reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this service at any time.
6. If your card is lost or stolen, please contact us on 0800 636262. Lines are open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 7pm.
7. Manage your gift card by registering at www.sainsburysgifts.co.uk/registermycard
8. The funds on this gift card/gift voucher are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event of the issuer of this product becoming insolvent some funds on this card/voucher may not be available to spend.
9. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be purchased at self-serve checkouts.
10. Sainsbury's reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions of this service at any time.
11. The gift voucher may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s Local in partnership with Euro Garages.
12. The gift card may not be used for purchases from Concessions in Sainsbury’s stores or at Sainsbury’s Local in partnership with Euro Garages.
13. The card is valid for 24 months from last transaction (inc balance enquiries on the till in-store) If inactive for 24 months any remaining balance will be deducted.
Sainsbury’s E-Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
E-gift cards can be used as part or full payment for goods. The E-Gift Card may not be used for purchases from concessions in Sainsbury's stores. They cannot be redeemed at Sainsbury's petrol stations or in the pharmacy. There are two methods of redeeming your E-gift Card: 1. In Store 2. Online at www.sainsburys.co.uk
1. E-Gift Cards can be redeemed from a smart phone device or printed and taken in to store. Each E-Gift Card includes a unique code. The code will be accepted by the cashier as full or part payment of an in store shopping transaction. Following first use in store any remaining balance on the E-Gift Card will be printed on a receipt. It is the recipient's responsibility to retain the receipt as evidence of their outstanding balance. It is the recipient's responsibility to retain a printed copy of the E-Gift Card code for use in any future transactions.
There is no maximum limit per transaction. If items are returned to store in accordance with our refund policy https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/refunds-returns/what-isrefund-policy, any refund due will be credited to your E-Gift Card.
To use the E-Gift Card online at Sainsburys.co.uk you must convert your voucher. To convert, enter your unique code and PIN at checkout. If a valid code and PIN has been used, you will be asked to manually enter how much you wish to convert. If you convert only part of your E-Gift Card balance you will be asked to provide your valid code and PIN on any future conversion. The E-Gift Card voucher will expire 24 months after first conversion. We will not provide an expiry reminder. Once converted, your outstanding balance will be held online and can be found in your voucher wallet at checkout.
If goods are out of stock on your booked grocery delivery date Sainsbury’s will offer a substitute unless you tell us not to. If, as a result of substitutes, the value of your order drops below the value of your converted E-Gift Card applied to that transaction then the E-Gift Card payment will be used for the full value of your basket (excluding delivery charge). The balance will be credited to your Sainsbury’s online grocery voucher wallet to be used against an online grocery shop at Sainsbury’s within 24 months of conversion. If items are returned to store in accordance with our refund policy, https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/refunds-returns/what-isrefund-policy , any refund due will be credited to your Sainsbury’s online grocery voucher wallet.