Due to the introduction of recent government legislation, no retailer will be able to sell alcohol below the rate of the duty price plus VAT. Although it's never been our trading policy to do this, we've introduced some new measures to ensure that we comply fully with the law.
Spirits and liqueurs are no longer included in promotions and coupons in the same way that baby formula, fuel, stamps, tobacco and other excluded items* are not. This means that you'll no longer earn Nectar points when purchasing spirits and liqueurs and, subsequently, any spend on these items will not contribute to the required spend to participate in marketing promotions and coupons.
Please note this also affects online promotions, evouchers and coupons printed with an online code. For more information on how this could affect online grocery, orders click here
The list of excluded goods are as follows:
• Wine when on any buy 6 save 25% promotion
• In Scotland and Wales, all alcohol is excluded from qualifying spend. Alcohol Minimum Unit Pricing applies.
• Infant formula baby milk products
• Tobacco and related products
• Gift vouchers
• Savings or postage stamps
• Mobile phone vouchers, phone cards or charity products
• Travel money